The B.I.M.S virtually eliminates operator influence
It is found that measuring Brinell indentations can result in measurement errors between
operators. This B.I.M.S. can virtually eliminate operator influence on test result.
- Just place and click! Operating B.I.M.S is easy :
With this handy instrument entire test sequence is simple. Place the CCD camera tube on the
work piece and press button on tube or click 'Auto' in toolbar on computer screen. The B.I.M.S.
automatically measures the diameter of indentation with resolution of 0.01mm and display Brinell
hardness value with diameter. All data storage functions are automatically performed according to
- The B.I.M.S. can be configured to meet your needs :
An unlimited number of batches can be created each with its own test parameters and
certificates. The operator can select test load and indentor size, party name, address, certificate
no. date, batch no. and description, high and low limits for readings etc. The previous batches
can be reopened for viewing and address change etc.
The software reports include readings, statistical data, frequency distribution and variation graphs and certificate. The export to Excel option is provided and generates Microsoft excel file.
The systems includes calibration and check facilities to calibrate scale and for checking of
calibration. This eliminates any systems error in measurement.
- Mobile measurement system - use anywhere :
The unit is USB powered. As you plug in USB video capture, power is sourced by USB port and
no other power supply is required. This makes it ideal for measurement with laptop.
The software includes :
- Facility for Auto / semi Auto / Manual modes of operation.
- Well managed database saves readings w.r.t. batch and certificate.
- Report generation in the form of certificate and graph.
- Facility for calibration and check of calibration.
The range of Measurement is from 1mm to 6 mm of diameter with Resolution of 0.01mm.
- To measure Brinell Hardness directly on machine where presently Brinell-Microscope is used.
This avoids eye straining of operator on producing testing. In addition it gives far better repeated accuracy. High-low limits selections enables operator easy acceptance / rejection of components.
- Can be connected to Laptop or Desktop PC. Easy to carry anywhere and handy for use with
Scope of Supply :
- One hand held unit containing CCD Camera, optics and illumination systems with connecting
- External Video capture with USB 2 connectivity and driver software.
- Brinell Impression Measurement System (B.I.M.S.) software.
- Softdog- Hardware dongle for software.
- Instruction manual
PC requirements :
- 2 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM minimum
- Microsoft Windows 8.1/8/7/XP operating system
- Display screen resolution minimum 1024 by 768 pixels
- Two free USB 2.0 ports and one RS232 (serial) interface (9 pin). The external USB to
serial converter can be used for RS232 interface.